How to join ARES
Sign up for Alert Notices
ARES Meeting Minutes for 6/17/2008
1. Meeting called to order at 1900 Hrs.
2. Members attending:
4. Net Control Roster:
5. New Business:
- Field Day operations will not be held this year.
- KE6GCV, Todd, would like to plan a Field Trip to the Comm Center,
possibly on a weekend or a week nite.
6. Old Business:
- The equipment currently at the Fairgrounds must be shifted over to the
Red Cross Headquarters.
- Davis Fire Dept. will provide antennas and power supplies at the stations.
ARES members will provide their own radios.
7. The current version of the Yolo ARES ICS 213 message form will be
discussed, with further tweaking if needed.
8. K6KN gave a demonstration on IRLP/ECHOLINK.
9. N6KLB gave a talk on the Western States Endurance run. This was later
cancelled due to extreme smoke pollution flooding into the foothils.
10. The need to set up a communications link in the Capay Valley was brought
up. Portable Repeaters set up at the Fire Houses was discussed as a
possibility. The Casino would also be contact to see if they could be of