1. The meeting was called to order at 1900 Hrs.
2. Net Control assignments:
3. Emergengy Preparedness Day in Davis, 10am to 2pm at the Davis Police Dept.
So far, we will be sharing a spot with the Red Cross. A VHF radio and
antenna will be set up, with some possible message handling from the Boy
Scout Event at Beale AFB. We stil need some people to show up at the booth
to answer questions, etc. from the public.
4. Preparing for an EMERGENY SIMULATION.
In the next few months, we will be having an Emergency Simulation. In order
to prepare for this, we will be looking tasks that we need to fulfill.
Things to Consider:
Stationary, writing implements...Greg
Food and Water store for operators (7 days)...Ken
Organizing Radio Closet...Rob
Labeling Antenna Leads...Rob
Plotting Locations on the maps...Rob will bring in a Northern California
GPS use...how many are available?
Posted Phone Number list...
Tools for repairs...
Moblie units...How long can your vehicle remain posted with limited gasoline?
Familiarization with Local and State Frequencies.
Go Kits...inventories for each.
Some Things to Consider at start of and during an emergency:
2. Log into Repeater.
3. When and how long can you be deployed?
4. Primary Location during an Emergency...Waite Hall is the location of the
Red Cross shelter, and showing up there is not self deployment.
5. Locations for radios to cover affected area...Clarksburg to the south,
Capay Valley to the north. Also, where are the local Fire Stations,
6. We need to establish contacts with other ARES groups...Yuba-Sutter,
Placer, Del Norte, Sacramento for mutual support.
IF THERE ARE ANY OTHER IDEAS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL THEM !
The meeting was Adjourned at 2030 hrs.